Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Halloween


Ryan dressed as a Utah Jazz basketball player for his work. It took some coaxing on my part. He didn't want to dress up.

We visited Pumpkinland and went through a corn maze. Jackson loved this, because he could choose which way to go. I am raising a control freak.


Jackson and his preschool buddy Max, Jackson likes Max because he plays cars with him during playtime.

This is Jackson's other friend Jessica. He loves Jessica and wants to play with her constantly.


Jackson and his teacher Ms. Sherryn.


Jackson at the start of his preschool parade.


Jackson loving the parade. He just kept waving and smiling.


Ryan and Jackson carving our pumpkins.


How hot is my husband!!! I am a lucky girl.


Miley is enjoying a doughnut found on the floor after the doughnut eating game.


Here is my mom and sister dressed up and so happy to be dressed up.


Miley our little Butterfly.


Here is Grandpa with the grandkids.


OPTIMUS PRIME!!!


Here is Jackson enjoying his cupcake from the cake walk.



So, I know that I am a little behind on the posting. October has been so crazy for us that I just have so much I want to blog and so to sit down and do it takes some coaxing. We had a great Halloween this year. Jackson wanted to be Optimus Prime from Transformers. So like any good mom I went to the drawing board and tried to make one. I wasn't about to spend $40 on a costume. So, after long hours and a lot of cardboard boxes we did it. He looked great. For preschool he had a costume parade all the parents lined up on the grass to watch their kids walk on the sidewalk up and down, and up and down. Jackson thought that he was hot stuff. He loved waving and everyone taking pictures of him. He kept saying, "Mom, that was such a great parade." I would have to agree. Katie and her kids came to see him and so did my sister Amy. It was fun. Then on the Monday before Halloween we had a family Halloween party. It was so much fun. We all dressed up and played fun games with the kids, and then we carved pumpkins. I didn't get a picture but I dressed up like Ryan. It was a hit and everyone totally knew who I was. Miley was our little butterfly. She looked so cute. On Halloween we got Jackson already for trick or treating. It was the warmest Halloween on record in Utah. Which was so much fun. We would take Jackson around to houses and after just a few houses he would say I have enough candy can we go home. So, Ryan and I were terrible parents and made him trick or treat more. After all was said and done he had a great Halloween. It certainly comes more eventful when you have kids. I am ready for Thanksgiving though.

5 comments:

RFC said...

Look at those corn stalks! We went to a corn maze here once, but the corn here doesn't get very tall. I could easily see over most of the stalks.

Jeff and Stephanie said...

Amanda - His transformers costume looks awesome! You are amazing! I'm seriously impressed! Looks like you guys had a great Halloween! I am sad that there isn't a picture of you dressed up!

Megan said...

It looks like you had a great Halloween. It enjoyed seeing pictures of Katie and your mom. They both look great.

Tina @ www.commoncentshome.blogspot.com said...

What great costumes, I love them. The picture of Grandpa and the Grandkids" made me "homesick" to be there. I NEED to plan a trip to visit! Ben and Sarah NEED to come play with all of their cousins!

lauren said...

You found me!!! Love your blog! You and Ryan look great! and such cute kids!